Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Golden Age comic stories

Today's stories are:
The Clock by George Brenner, from Crack Comics 23 (May 1942);
Fantom of The Fair by Paul Gustavson from Fantoman # 4 (Dec 1940 - possibly reprinted from an issue of Amazing Mystery Funnies?), along with the cover drawn by Lew Glanz (aka Louis Glanzman);
and Target by Ken Battefield (according to the GCD) from Target Comics volume 8 number 6 (August 1947)























I was flipping through a magazine the other day and couldn't help but notice that ... I've been plagiarized!!! Seriously. Someone took something I posted on a message board, copied it nearly word-for-word (making minor changes to what I typed), sent it into the editor of a magazine, and now the thoughts & ideas I shared with the world are being attributed to someone else. My initial reaction to this discovery? I laughed. I thought it was funny, in a pathetic sort of way.

Did the person really try to pass-off my "work & words" as their own, or did the editor of the magazine simply display utter incompetence by omitting the part where the person said "I got this from some guy off the internet"? Keep in mind, I'm not talking about some opinionated post I made on a message board where I rambled aimlessly, but comments & corrections regarding a magazine article I had read ... and it was a lot of information I posted. What I posted (what was plagiarized) was so long that it makes most of the text portions of this blog look tiny by comparison.

The lesson to be learned? "Don't trust anyone", I guess.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I hope that you'll make a point of contacting the publisher. Remember that you won't simply be helping yourself; you will be helping every other author who might potentially have his work stolen.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Comic Blog Elite