Monday, November 30, 2009

And The Winner Is ...

Thanks to all 15 people who voted in my first Poll. It's nice to know there are that many people reading this blog.

For anyone who missed it or has no clue what the poll was all about, my question was "Should I post stories from Golden Age comics that I don't own?" The reason for the poll in the first place was that I didn't want to step on the toes of other bloggers who also post Golden Age comic book stories. So far, I've only posted stories from comics I own and have scanned for myself. I realized that at the new pace at which I was posting, I'ld run out of stories fairly quickly and my blog would have been dead in the water until I collected more books. That would have been kind of lame. So I turned to all you "MODMites" (which you can pronounce as either "MOD Mites" or "Modem Mites" ... which is how I say it in my head, but you pick whichever one you like) to get your thoughts.

Out of the "Fantastic Fifteen" voters, not one choose "if you don't own it, don't post it". Most of the rest voted for more Golden Age stories (two apparently didn't care one way or the other), and by gum, you're gonna get 'em!

So here's the plan: I'm not looking to post a whole bunch of horror stories, because "The Horror of It All" blog does such a nice job. I'm also not looking to have post-after-post featuring the Nedor Heroes, as the guy running the "Nedor-A-Day" blog has that company covered fairly well. So, what's left?

In case you haven't noticed, I'm a superhero fan, so most of my posts will feature superheroes where the stories have fallen into The Public Domain. As luck would have it, there are a lot of Golden Age comics that are Copyright-Free, so I have a lot of material and companies to choose from. What I decide to do in any given week is a mystery even to me at this point, although I do have some ideas to get the ball rolling.

Now, since I'll still be posting stories from books I actually own, and I only have so much storage space for images linked to this blog, I've given it some thought and came to this decision: Only stories from books I own will stay here "forever". The rest (stories taken from various places around the 'net) will have a "limited shelf-life". When I need the room to post more stories, I'll have to delete some posts, starting with the oldest first but allowing the more recent posts to stick around for a decent amount of time. To give you an idea of how fast I've been chewing through my allotted storage space, the 25 posts with stories that I've posted so far are taking-up 4% of my 1000+ megabytes, so it'll be a long, long while before storage space even becomes an issue.

And there you have it. YOU voiced your opinion. YOU decided to be heard. YOU said "I have a chance to vote in a poll, and gosh darn it, that's exactly what I'm going to do!" To all 15 voters, Thank You for voting. To the people who didn't vote ... there's another poll right over there! Go ahead, don't be shy. Nobody's gonna laugh at ya if you vote for The Green Ghoul.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Comic Blog Elite